What should I bring with me when I drop off my computer?
- If you are bringing your Laptop for service please bring the power adapter.
- If you are bringing your Desktop for repairs you will not need to bring any cables, just the CPU tower (aka “the box”, but not the mouse, keyboard, monitors etc.) Some All-In-One Pc’s and newer desktop computers have a laptop type power adapter with a power brick, which should be brought along for service. If you are not sure, it’s better to bring it along.
- If you are having Windows re-installed on your device please bring in any software that you would like installed (additional charges may apply depending upon services being performed).
- Contact us about any other devices you think you may need to bring along in order to complete your repair.
- You will need to provide the PASSWORD or PIN to log onto all user accounts on the computer your computer. If you are unable to provide the correct password, an additional fee may apply to remove the password and complete your repair or service.
What information will I need to provide when I drop off my computer?
- You will need to provide your name, contact information and any passwords required to log onto the computer.
- Provide any details about the problem you are experiencing. Information about how often the problem happens, if there are specific things that seem to trigger the problem, and how long it’s been occurring can be very helpful.
Is there a customer agreement that I will have to sign?
No, but there are some basic policies that each client should be aware of and understand –
- I understand that in some cases my data cannot be saved and that “PC Overhaul” cannot be held liable for the loss, alteration or corruption of my data.
- I understand that hardware failure can occur at anytime and that “PC Overhaul” cannot be held liable for any hardware failure that may occur.
- I understand that in some cases repairs done to my hardware may void the manufacturers warranty and that “PC Overhaul” is not liable for voided warranties.
- I understand that if I do not pick up my computer within 30 days, or make arrangements for future pickup, I forfeit the items left behind to cover the cost of services preformed by “PC Overhaul” .
- I understand that payment is required when the product is picked up.
- I understand that any parts special order parts may require payment in full before they will be ordered.
Will my data be erased?
It is always recommended that you back up any important data if possible before dropping off your computer for service, or a backup can be added to your service. PC Overhaul cannot be held responsible for lost, corrupt or damaged data. We will never delete your data without your permission, but your hardware can fail at anytime. A current backup is your best insurance policy.